ASCD is designating the 2nd and 22nd of each month through the summer as “Title II Days” in support of professional development (PD) and Title II funding. We need your help to raise awareness and appreciation of PD among policymakers and the public.
The Trump administration wants to eliminate all funding for Title II of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which provides states and districts more than $2 billion annually for educator PD. Lawmakers must hear from educators – like you – how essential these dollars are to your practice, your profession, and most importantly, to your students’ success.
What can you do?
- Use ASCD’s action alert portal to ask your lawmakers to save Title II funds.
- Use these sample Tweets throughout the day to urge your lawmakers to support PD and Title II:
- All educators can use #TitleII $$ for PD for mentoring, coaching, induction. Students succeed when educators have #PD2Learn!
- [@legislator_handle] Fed #TitleII $$ are essential for educators to receive #PD2Learn and help students succeed. #ESSA #edfunding
- Effective educators are # 1 factor in student achievement, but they need #PD2Learn to build skills and improve instruction.
Connect now with your federal lawmakers to help promote Title II! And stay tuned for future activities on Title II Days and additional opportunities for engaging with your lawmakers and colleagues on this important issue.